January 26, 2013

More Love Letters

The other night I was reading The Guardian and came across an article about a woman who, when she was feeling down, wrote an encouraging letter and left it for a total stranger to find. Her TED talk is very encouraging.

Her site is www.moreloveletters.com. If you're feeling low, click on the Found Letters link, grab a Kleenex, and start reading. It will restore your faith in humankind (hopefully).

About a million years ago, I was part of a three-month leadership program. On the last weekend of the program we all wrote "rainy day letters" to each person we had been in intense fellowship with over the past three months. I still have all of mine; they are still important to me twenty years later.

More Love Letters project reminds me of our rainy day letters. Another thing from those three months - one person makes a difference. That also applies to Hannah Brencher, the founder of MLL.

Needlessly to say, I LOVE this idea. So today, once the ice slick melted, I drug myself to the library to return some movies, (the cold I had a couple of weeks ago has reared its crappy head again), and expressly went in TJ Maxx looking for cards to participate in the love letter writing - found the perfect cards!


I'm excited to start spreading the LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment