January 6, 2013

Let The Purging Begin!

I just returned home from making the first Goodwill donation of the year.

From the closet, five or six pair of shoes that had not been worn once (or maybe just once) last year, and a bit of clothing.

In the kitchen, glass and plastic containers were pared down. The containers with BPA's were replaced by these BPA free, inexpensive, and adorable containers from Italy found  at T.J. Maxx (Frigoverre Fun, they're called).
The boring ones are outta here!
From the cabinet over the refrigerator, (c'mon on, admit it - if it's up there and it's not a small appliance - you don't use it). I also gleaned some pottery and drinking glasses - because why does one person need over twenty drinking glasses?!

All four of these La Rochere glasses went away; the bee pattern is not my favorite. So why did I get them in the first place?!











I did keep six of these, even though they're the bee pattern, because the shape is more versatile (you could serve anything from wine to ice cream in these) and there's enough for company:

Some of my pottery mugs and small bowls are being "redistributed".

Another thing that needs doing: I had started making piles of old family photos to mail to each of my siblings, but haven't finished the job.

I always feel lighter after doing a purge.
A little happier somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment