January 1, 2013

Happy 2013

Another year has flown by.

How did I do on my semi-resolution from last year? You know, the one where I was going to be more French? I did pretty well. The one I didn't do: get down to a ten item wardrobe. I'm no clothes horse, but winnowing down your clothes to ten items is a special kind of gift.

Have you heard of Project 333? It involves taking your wardrobe - shoes, jewelry, clothes, accessories - down to thirty-three items and living with those items for three months. It reminds me of getting your house ready to sell by putting away most personal items - photos, etc. After doing that in 2010, I found I didn't miss them at all.

Will I do Project 333? Not sure. I already purge regularly, in addition to season changes (a great time to purge). Just now, three pairs of shoes I did not wear once last year went into the donation bag. (I keep a big bag in the linen closet all year and donate when it gets full.)

I've gotten better at returning things I've bought but had remorse about after getting home.
Now to have remorse BEFORE purchasing them in the first place. And remembering that just because a store is having a sale does not mean I'm obligated to buy anything.

I have a post-it note in my car that says "I have everything I need."

May 2013 bring you all everything you need.

Winter wardrobe by color




No comments:

Post a Comment