May 26, 2014

I'm Finally Going and I Hate ALL My Cats

I've booked my tickets for the left coast.

Some of you might think that was the hardest part (it took long enough!), but no - coordinating four families, several businesses, new jobs and time off is the sticky wicket. The thing I do ALL DAY LONG at work (scheduling and logistics), is now what I have to do on vacation. Ergh.
But I'll be there for three weeks, so hopefully, and without much stress, all can be seen.

I'm excited about seeing The Boy (2007) and meeting The Girl in person. It will be the first time since 1992 that my sister and I have seen each other without a family sickness drama and/or death. Looking forward to being with my now all grown up niece and meeting my two grand nephews and my nephew in law.
And working in a visit to Andrea and Alice. Fingers crossed!

The Old Sea Dog is in the mix as well. It's been forty years this year since the summer of the tent and my youthful glow, amoung other things, is much diminished. But I suppose his is too, right? Meanwhile, it feels like I just purchased a house or a car. As in, I want to vomit and exclaim "What have I done?!" over and over.

Moving on...I hate ALL my cats. Oscar is still peeing on stuff that Harrah's husband John touched over a month ago. COME ON! Finn, no matter how many scratcher barricades are set up around the chair (also covered in Sticky PAWS tape. So attractive.), keeps finding that one inch that isn't covered and scratching there. And Lillie, well Lillie has a big mouth that never shuts up.

So there you have it.

If you need me, I'll be clothes shopping and trying to decide what shoes to take.




1 comment:

  1. This is incredibly exciting, in all possible ways. And my god, do you ever need a break from those cats! (Aren't you the one who was trying to talk me into "a few" cats?) I so look forward to meeting you in person and having a real conversation, not that the virtual ones are faulty in any way. I just want to meet the real, actual you. I'm excited also for your connections and reconnections. Many stories about to unfold now that the hard work of arranging is over. Until soon!

    ReplyDelete