April 7, 2012

A Roller Coaster of a Day

Bright and early, D. and I headed to the Durham Farmer's Market.
A perfect beautiful spring day, cool and sunny.

Here's my score:
 

Each of those heads of lettuce take up an entire crisper bin. 

The bowl (D. said it looks like it has sugar in it) is by Mark Kozma of Irons in the Fire. He might be my new pottery boyfriend. 
We spent a bit of time with Val who has the cutest Lego themed stuff. Her cake toppers were adorable. 

After harassing Bo at his booth for a few minutes, (he's a wood turner; makes really beautiful bowls and such), we headed over to Parker & Otis for some breakfast. Had what looked to be about four eggs scrambled with asparagus, ham, and cheese. Delicious.

Later this same day, four of us headed up to Cedar Creek Gallery for their Spring Festival.
Yes, I got more pottery.
No, I don't need an intervention.
But thanks for asking!
Then to Butner for the 1970's time warp that is Bob's BBQ.

After that I MOWED MY LAWN instead of taking a nap (that's worth points somewhere, right?). I've not mowed my lawn in four years (because a lovely gentleman is contracted to do it instead).
My neighbor came home while I was in the middle of the job and said, rather incredulously, "What are you doing?! I have never seen you do that!". 
This is my mower:



Makes up for not going on the walk.
Then I went over and hung out with my neighbors for a few minutes and got depressed. My next door neighbor (the incredulous one) was telling me they had to jack up their house.
I need to do that too. As well as get an under the house humidifier and a new water heater and siding or at the very least, new paint. UGH!

Oh, and I received a letter today from the IRS saying they needed more information for Mom's taxes.
More ugh.




2 comments:

  1. Great, you'll buy a bowl from a mud slinger but walk away from those beautiful wooden bowls.

    Hmmpphhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Bo - I know it's you! The mud slinger's bowl was $16 - just saying.

    ReplyDelete