July 10, 2016

Still Here

I got nothing. Or, more accurately, I got so much I can't articulate it. Mostly to do with the state of these "united" states.

Being on the empath scale, albeit on the lower end, all of this chaos swirling around the world weighs on me. So much that I deal with it by shutting down. That ain't right, I know.

I am THIS CLOSE to stepping off Facebook until...I don't know when. I'm unfollowing a few, that helps.

In other news, my yard is inundated with poison ivy and STUPID mimosa trees. Gawd, I hate both of them with a passion. My neighbor came over to warn me about the poison ivy (it's all along our shared fence line) and told me her son (didn't know what it was) pulled up a bunch by hand (EEK!) and is on his second round of prednisone. It is rampant this year for some reason.

I did take a little trip over to Tampa for my niece's wedding the beginning of June. I hadn't seen her and her brother since 2001. Hadn't seen my brother and other niece since Mom's funeral in 2011. Saw a good friend in Fernandina Beach twice, my 4th double cousin once removed and her husband once, had boiled peanuts, caramel cake (twice!) and ate my weight in fried shrimp. So that was fun. Also realized I never ever want to live in Tampa and revised my "never want to live any further south [in Florida] than St. Augustine" to "no further south than Fernandina Beach". A side note: the further south one goes, the fewer Prius' one sees.

Guess that's it for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment