July 21, 2013

Sometimes...

There just isn't a title to be had.

I keep thinking of this salad-plate sized magnolia blossom I saw a week ago: an unfurled alabaster fist nestled against the black-green gloss of leaves. It flung itself open to perfume the humid cloak of air and now lies, brown and broken, at the base of the tree.

I also keep thinking of that poor emergency response driver(s) who ran over one of the young women ejected from the Asiana plane. This is all there in my head: the screaming smoke chaos. Burning bleeding foam. The adrenaline; can't get there fast enough; have to help; on overdrive. The terror, the horror.
And the sadness that in our society there is no grace for accidents; that someone must pay, in spite of payment not bringing anyone back. Just so fucking tragic.
Seriously, bless their hearts, every single one. And I mean that in the nice way.

Been missing both my parents lately. Not in a sobbing sad kind of way, more in a niggling feel-like-I'm-forgetting-something kind of way. Sigh.

Here's what I made today:
Gluten free (also low carb), pizza, succotash salad, low carb muffins

Saw this at the library Friday afternoon. Even the sidewalk looks washed out hot.
Grass shadows
There's a cat hair in my wine. But of course. That's really all I got today. Have a good week y'all.



No comments:

Post a Comment