May 13, 2012

And Not The Sock Monkey's Either

Cousins, that is. My very own real human type cousins.

It all started with this picture:

And through a days-long complicated trail that I won't bore you with because it's only interesting if it's YOUR family (and sometimes not even then), I found a new [to me] second cousin, once removed. His grandmother and my great-grandmother were sisters, yet he's younger than me. So weird.
We're related in another more complicated way via my great-grand aunt who married my first cousin twice removed. Family, oh what a tangled web...

Anyway, we are new BFF's.

He was going to call me Friday a week ago, but was in a bad motorcycle accident that night and is still in hospital. Demonstrated his superb southern manners by emailing - while on a morphine drip - to apologize for missing the call!


No comments:

Post a Comment